Director of Financial Planning
While delivering our award winning concierge-level service, the Director of Financial Planning will aid in the support of existing client relationships and onboarding of new high net worth client relationships. In addition, they will be responsible for providing ongoing service and maintenance to clients.
Core responsibilities include identifying opportunities, assisting with the onboarding and closing of new prospects, and serve as a backup to relationship managers for all client-related issues and follow ups. They will also manage a small group of client relationships and ensure all touchpoints, outreaches and services are met. Our ideal candidate will be someone who has the passion, experience and drive to take our firm to new heights and who shares in our commitment to putting our clients and employees first.
- Coordinate with Relationship Managers, Operations and Investments teams to ensure the day-to-day administrative activities of the clienteles’ needs are met to the highest standard.
- Build trust, credibility and strong relationships with clients.
- Troubleshoot and follow up to resolve client issues.
- Support the relationship management team in efforts to grow the business through client prospecting and opportunities identification.
- Work with advisors, where needed, to close new business and ensure a smooth client integration process.
- Perform various duties as required by relationship managers to facilitate the productivity of the Wealth Management Department.
- Help ensure client investment policy statements and delinquent documentation are uploaded and updated in a timely manner.
- Manage a small group of client relationships and ensure client touchpoints are met, as assigned by the direct supervisor.
- Maintain client files and folders, spreadsheets and correspondence, as requested by wealth management team.
- Proactively analyze and review balance sheets/cash flow statements for opportunities and account consolidation.
- Support advisor efforts to generate and pursue client referrals and to expand client share of wallet.
- Responsible for follow up emails and tasks post client service meetings or client calls.
- Serve as a liaison with client intermediaries, such as accountants and attorneys.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Assist with the preparation of marketing and presentation materials for client meetings, prospects and on an as-needed basis.
- Represent the firm with the highest level of integrity at industry and community events, as appropriate.
- Build and maintain a deep understanding of client needs, as well as industry trends, best practices and solutions.
- Assist Client Experience Associates with updating and maintaining balance sheets and cash flow statements for all client service meetings.
- Assist Operations team to ensure an exceptional client experience.
- Run client reporting data, where needed.
- Assist with day-to-day client needs (sending our statements, tax documents, margin setup, reports, etc.)
- Running and researching insurance and annuity options and quotes for clients, as directed by the relationship managers.
- Completing and following up on paperwork provided to clients, which includes custodian paperwork, sustainability forms, investment advisory agreements, broker dealer/insurance paperwork, etc.
- Assist team members with day-to-day activities when needed/providing backup.
Knowledge and Skills
- Deep understanding of how to establish and maintain excellent relationships with high-net worth individuals.
- Demonstrate analytical and research skills.
- Strong team player who knows how to work and thrive in a collaborative work environment.
- Positive attitude and sincere willingness to constantly learn and grow.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Organized, detail oriented and effective in building trust and confidence with colleagues.
- Able to identify, escalate and problem solve.
- Demonstrate efficient time management skills.
- Exceptional listening skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite namely Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to follow through and take action.
- Mid-Level Position
- At minimum, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- At least 3-10 years of Wealth Management/Private Banking experience preferred
- Experience with Salesforce and E-Money
- At least 3-10 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary Bonus Pool
- Health insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Discretionary Profit Sharing Plan
- Flexible work environment
- Mentorship and learning opportunities with a collaborative and growth-minded team
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.